Labels

Household (27) green (20) energy saving (19) Electricity (18) repair (15) gadgets (14) Audio (12) HiFi (11) music (11) vinyl records (10) low energy lighting (9) GU10 (8) Halogen (8) electricty monitor (8) salvage (8) turntable (8) LED lighting (7) deck (7) recycling (7) LP (6) MR16 (6) belt drive (6) platter (6) speakers (6) currentcost (5) imeasure (5) CFL (4) Dyson (4) bearing (4) freecycle (4) thermostat (4) vibration (4) washing machines (4) AC motor (3) Gaming (3) cc128 (3) electricity monitor (3) honeywell (3) solar (3) studio (3) AEG (2) Apple (2) DIY (2) Dell (2) Dualit (2) Economy 7 (2) NAD (2) NC470 (2) PC (2) Pioneer PL-12D (2) Shure M75 (2) Tesla (2) compost (2) dishwasher (2) hard drive (2) rubber seal (2) 4x4 (1) 5120 (1) 80plus (1) ATX (1) Apple iMac (1) Atlas Mountains (1) B110 (1) BX5a (1) Berber people (1) De Dietrich (1) Dr Who (1) Essaouira (1) GE (1) GE refrigerator (1) General Electric (1) Harmon Kardon (1) Holiday (1) Intro (1) JL-A1 (1) JVC (1) LEDTV (1) LS3/5a (1) M-AUDIO (1) Marrakesh (1) Medina (1) Morocco (1) Mountains (1) North Africa (1) PCI (1) Playstation (1) Refrigerator (1) Riad (1) Samsung (1) Sky+ (1) T27 (1) T40 (1) TD280 (1) Tajine (1) Thorens (1) Vacation (1) Xbox 360 (1) akasa (1) bosch (1) compressor noise (1) dalek (1) desert (1) dimension (1) fan noise (1) freezer (1) fridge (1) guttering (1) gutters (1) iPod (1) kef (1) leak (1) leaking (1) nVidia (1) nano (1) off-road (1) pallets (1)

Blog Archive

Monday, March 12, 2012

Dyson DC14 side chamber

A new problem , the Dyson DC14 has a removable side section for clearing blockages. From its size I would guess it also can accommodate a filter on some models. Its held in by a plastic catch, attached to the main body of the motor housing. This side section dropped out recently while I was clearing the beater bar of entangled hairs. I popped it back but noticed the catch was gone - it had snapped off.

While the suction of the motor should hold this section in place when on, it does need something to pull it in line. I improvised with a couple of cable ties until I can see if there is a replacement part.

Update . I ordered and replaced the catch, its called a:

Dyson DC14 Motor Inlet Cover Catch 909235

It took a couple of goes as it appears that the shape of this catch has changed within the DC14 production run. There is a 909235-1 and a 909235-2 .

Mine had a longer earlier style catch  with a ribbed section, and was initially shipped the later part variant which was too short. I phoned Dyson, explained and they shipped me the correct part which is still used on another model. Dyson support were very helpful, but full exploded diagrams of their models on their website, would help avoid this confusion.

Fitting it was a bit hard. I needed a long Torx driver i.e not a replaceable bit type, and I removed the two screws located near the catch. I was able to loosen and prize the old broken catch out and fit the new one without a complete strip down


No comments: